Sunday, March 29, 2009

My time to shine.

Between the hours of 6am and 9am I am the most awake, most efficient, most focused woman on the planet. Beyond 9am it can be slightly hit and miss although I do come back to form if I get a little 'arvo nap in. 

That said, I don't always harness my morning powers to achieve peace and wellbeing for all on the planet. Take this morning for example although this is a slightly extreme situation as I am on the verge of menstruating which adds a whole other level of emotion into the equation. So, this morning I woke up before 6am and realising that more sleep was not an option I got up. I made a pot of tea using a blend that goes by the name of 'women's balance.' Fingers crossed, I chugged down a whole pot while surfing the internet and contemplating a stroll. Decided I was ready to stroll, put shoes on, walked 100m up the road and decided I wanted to turn around and come home. I came home and ran the bath while feeling queasy with guilt over my excessive use of water all the while justifying the bath by telling myself that I would stay in for at least an hour making full use of the bathing opportunity. I set up the computer next to the bath, yep I watch movies in bed and I watch movies in the bath. Over the weekend I watched 'Slumdog Millionaire' and 'Milk' between the hours of 6am and 9am on saturday and sunday so this morning I was left with 'The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian.' Bath-time fun right there. By the time I had skin brushed, washed my hair and let conditioner stay in for 10 minutes, cleansed my face (twice), massaged period-inducing points in my feet and scrubbed skin I was up to the bit where a mouse with a sword and an earring is trying to stab Prince Caspian as he mistakenly thinks the Prince is a bad guy. Fortunately a talking skunk comes to the Prince's rescue. I think I should have watched 'Slumdog' again. 

On the mornings when I am truly focused and not wanting to drift off into Narnia-land I do go walking into the gorgeous bush lands around my house and listen to Black Cockatoos squawking and discussing what they shall feast on for breakfast. I do also light my candles and do a gentle morning practice in our yoga and meditation room. The morning time is always a mellow practice for me, I am slow to warm up and enjoy more of a yin style yoga in the a.m. 

The ritual that marks the move into breakfast time and planning the day is the brewing of a pot of earl grey and taking Dale tea in bed. Yesterday I took it in and he looked as surprised as ever that I'd thought to make tea even though I do it almost every single day. I said, "weren't you expecting me with our tea." He said that he never expects or assumes anything and he never takes anything I do for him for granted. Gold star buddy.





No comments: