Friday, March 20, 2009

Obama the Farmer.

Today's paper reported that Obama is planting a vegie patch in the white house grounds. Michelle Obama is breaking ground with a bunch of school kids this weekend. I'll have to send him my recipe for pasta sauce come tomato harvest time. He's gunna love it. I'm having sweet visions of an orchard out the front of the White House and runner beans using the main gates as a trellis. 

'More than 100,000 people asked the President to plant a garden on the White House lawn, according to Kitchen Gardens International, a coalition of gardeners whose mission is to inspire and teach people to grow their own food.
The groups "Eat the View" campaign to plant "high impact gardens in high profile places" specifically urged the first family to plant an edible garden within the first 100 days of the Obama Administration.' The Age, Sat March 21 2009.

I found the raw milk man at the market today. He has quite a following. Sold for 'cosmetic purposes' only. That's one expensive bath to climb into. I thought better of cold compressing my face with it and decided to whack it in a glass with ice and four table spoons of green and blacks drinking chocolate (reminiscent of the good 'ol after-school-snack milo days). Organic sugar is sooooo much better for me. I asked the kid selling the stuff if it was organic and he said, 'sort of.' I figure that means uncertified which, given the process for certification, is good enough for me.

After yesterdays 'I'm an early bird' post I had myself a wee sleep-in this morning. Tea in bed and a very late breakfast. Felt like the beginning of a proper saturday except my poor sweetie had to scoot off to work at 11am. I feel a tad dodgy that I am such a lady of leisure right now but also mighty grateful that I am supported to live this way. I am doing many things that could lead to working more, research etc.

Spent a little time on Yoga Dawg's blog today. He's mighty funny and refreshingly unholy about this whole yoga thang. He's worth a visit.

1 comment:

Linda-Sama said...

YogaDawg. my brother from a different mother.