Saturday, March 14, 2009

Big Up to the Dove!

Last night my local, as in five doors away, milkbar, corner store, cafe ran a fundraiser for the Red Cross Bush Fire Appeal. Twenty bucks on the door, good grub, an auction and a talent show. The amazing Dove crew raised $3000 and the feeling of generosity and community was awesome. Let me just say Castlemaine has got talent. From the delightful four year old who told me he wasn't nervous to perform because "I am a musician and performing is what I do" to the shy and kooky teenage boys beat boxing there hip little butts off. Not to mention a stella piece of house wife inspired performance art encompassing poetry and dance. 

I have to say I am pinching myself this morning at my inability to think quick and spend cash. An amazing designer donated a $2000 package for someone wanting to set up a website. It went for $350. Ridiculous. Ah well, not my time to shine in bidding glory and one day I will realise my dream of having a website all about me!

Today is Vision Board Sunday. The incomplete version has been laying out on our recently completed recycled red gum coffee table for the past week. How could that beautiful piece of art/furniture not inspire me to create? Over these past few days little ideas and dreams have been bubbling to the surface of my psyche and baking on in. Now I am ready to commit with the glue stick and sticky tape.

Yesterday I had space for two luxurious yoga sessions; an early, gentle 90 minutes with a long sit at the end, this is an achievement, and a long 'arvo session starting with a Liver/Gall Bladder Yin sequence courtesy of Sarah Powers leading into a standing/twisty vinyasa flow courtesy of my inner guidance. I think it's revolved side angle pose (parivrtta parsvakonasana) that I am really digging this past week. Standing twists require a solid warm up and as far as twists go can be pretty intense but I feel as though they provide the most incredible wringing out of all that is no longer needed, like every cell going through a wash cycle. It makes sense given the insights of this past week that consciously participating in letting go of what is no longer needed in my life is something that serves me and those around me greatly. Erich Schiffmann often says "do yoga for your friends and family." As in do anything that makes you a better human to be around. I appreciate that.

No comments: