Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Here I am.

Blog number 1 of my journey into the blogging universe. I have been reading blogs, pretty much exclusively yoga blogs, for some time now so it seemed only natural to make the leap. This is mainly a practice in learning to clarify and articulate my truth, something that gets a little cloudy from time to time. My darling other suggested this very morning that I start with a list of things that I am grateful for that I may have been glancing over of late. I am always warmed by the power of gratitude to shift my energy and bring light into my being so here goes; 

Things that I am GRATEFUL for this morning.

  1. Over night rain and the smell of soaked australian bush on my early morning walk.
  2. The wonderous treasure of watching my friends belly expand in her 28th week of pregnancy.
  3. A spacious day to learn about blogging and to navigate the foreign-ness of my mac.
  4. The precious and grounded man that I share my life with.
That's a start. Other things that I would like this blog to encompass include my first expose into opening a yoga studio from scratch. Step one: find the perfect space! And, 'cos I think this may be one of my skills, I would like to use this as a space to research and review all sorts of yoga related juicy stuff. happening in Australia and abroad.

Until last July I was living on a teensy island in the Turks and Caicos Islands. If I can't see your eyes glazing over I can imagine, as this is the usual response when I utter the sentence "I lived on a tropical island for three years." Idyllic in some respects and incredibly challenging in others. I no longer live there. I now live inland but dream of the ocean and crave the sound of the ocean. I have just dedicated one whole corner of my 'Vision Board' to pictures of water and words that evoke feelings of flow and cool water. So maybe there will be opportunity to be more of a literal ocean yogi at some point. I'll keep the name because it's lovely. I do like where I live; incredible peeps, peace, bush close by but AHHH for H2O. I am not alone in this sentiment and perhaps my vision board has the power to break the drought.

Time to roll out the mat and exhale. 




2 comments:

Patchwork Platypus said...

Oceanyogi, you sure have a way with words. You should write a book. Your story is compelling. Keep up the good work, not just on yourself but on your blog! Sending love.

Unknown said...

dear yogi of the sea, hugs and kisses to you from me. you are such a deep thinker. this is a lovely practice.