Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ramblings.

The walk from the shops back up the hill to my house use to take me between five and ten minutes. Now it takes me about twenty-five minutes. For the past six weeks or so I have lingered down the street hoping to bump into a friend who might give me a ride up the hill to my house. A few weeks back a paid $4.90 for a cab to drive me less than one kilometre home. Today Dale dropped me at the store on his way to work and said I should get a cab home. Well there were no cabs waiting in the taxi rank so I started the huffy plod up the road to home. I'd only gone one block when someone I sort of know stopped at the intersection of the road I was crossing. He smiled and waved. I smiled and said "you going up the hill? Can you give me a ride?" He was very sweet and did not hesitate. I told him I was 38 weeks and 1 day and he looked like he wanted to get me out of his car quick smart before I went into labor! Thank you for the lift Graham. I think I may have been crying by the time I got home if I had to walk the whole way.

Sally dropped in last night with the final attachments for the birthing pool. She gave me a little bronze fertility statue that is handed to the next birthing woman. That's me!

My sister came out from the city yesterday. She lay with her ear to my belly and was able to listen to bub's heart beat just like that. I had heard it was possible but no one had tried. I was so happy that my sister was able to do that with the little one. Then bub elbowed her in the ear. We had a lovely giggle.




No comments: